Monday, April 6, 2009

Stripes: Rebelling with a cause (?)

One of the very first rules the fashion police drill into you is that stripes are best left to prison inmates. If vertical, you end up running the risk of looking like the aforementioned or a 1940's carnival host. And horizontal? Not even if hell froze over, so they would scoff.

Stripe #1
Stripe #2
Top: Dorothy Perkins, Shorts: Just Jeans, Shoes: Far East Plaza, Singapore, Doraemon purse: gift from mother

Stripe #3
Dress: Thrifted, Tank top: Bonds, Belt: Mum's, Bag: Thrifted, Shoes: Wittner


I don't believe that I'm a rebel
but comfort dictates how I view the world and helps deem what rules are worthy to hold up. In this case, I think I'll give the whole stripes-scare business a pass. The fashion police I can handle. It's the karma police that's got me all serious-businessed up.

This post is brought to you by the hyper fuzzball that is Teddy, who by the way, ain't afraid of any kind of police.

"Get that camera out of my face or I'mma break yo' lens with my teeth."

5 comments:

yiqin; said...

Ah the second outfit is genius. Love it!

Mrs.Zeus said...

Teddy is soooo adorable!!!
I love that stripes on you, most esp the top! I am looking for a oversize tops/dress. You look Fab as usual!

EternalJade said...

Your striped top looks great. Also, your doraemon purse and your dog are so adorable. LOL.

Adeline said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am so loving kimono/balloon sleeves at the moment! Is Dorothy Perkins still selling that top?

Must.get.mom.to.looksee.

-k said...

Thanks everyone!

Ad, last I went to see Dorothy Perkins I didn't see this top. In fact, I actually got it on the last size rack. But they have a bunch of variations of it. Stripes seem to be coming back according to Dorothy Perkins.