Tuesday, April 21, 2009

OKTHXBAI

Thanks to a killer bout of tonsilitis, I was out of commision for a week. As someone who always lets her views be known, the imposed silence was pretty grueling. Rolling your eyes at people's sheer idiocy and incompetence does not quite convey the same level of gripping frustration a verbal smackdown would. How maddening!

I'm better now but I forgot to take pictures of today's outfit, so here a bunch from two weeks ago. They're not anything fancy but I must, must, must share this shirt.

Same same

but different
T-shirt: Souvenir shop in Phuket, Shirt: Thrifted, Jeans: Topshop, Shoes: Dunlops


This 'Same Same' shirt is one that I've been wanting for ages and I suspect, a major reason behind my decision to go to Thailand. The story goes that in Thailand, people apparently use 'same same' as a response to 'thank you'. And while that piece of trivia did not hold true in my experience, the locals did say 'same same' quite a bit, especially in retail. This shirt is one of those kitschy souvenir shirts - mocking the stereotype while putting a fun play to it - which I absolutely love. Chaz, the unbeliever, here are pics, so they do exist!

And here's another one, because I think I woke up that day thinking I was Justin Timberlake.

Sup
Vest: Thrifted, Shirt: Topman, Jeans: Topshop, Shoes: Chucks


I finally went to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic and all I want to do is to pick Isla Fischer up and put her into my pocket. She's so tiny and so so adorable!

4 comments:

megan said...

LOL that same same shirt rocks!

megan / http://mallratcouture.blogspot.com

eighteeneleven said...

OOOO... So you were telling the truth. Not that I doubted you (much). Hee. When did you go to thailand, and consequently, where are the picture?!

Mrs.Zeus said...

Awww... glad to hear your feeling better

-k said...

megan: It definitely does!

eighteeneleven: Dude, I never lie about awesomeness in a tee. It was at Phuket. I have pictures (of sorts) coming on Flickr.

Mrs.Zeus: Thanks! :D