Friday, March 27, 2009

Why do I blog?

a) Because somehow I prescribe to the school of 'sharing is caring' and this unconscious narcissism that lies within me enjoys 'showing and telling' my ongoing foray into the world of style and fashion?

b) Because my passion for writing which began in a Hello Kitty journal at age 6 got with the times and transferred virtually instead?

c) Because Chaz is too busy at the moment?

A sombre Monday
Vest: Thrifted, Dress: Sportsgirl (thrifted), Shoes: Some shop in Singapore - Far East Plaza, maybe?

Bohemian Tuesday
Dress: Dangerfield, Tank top: Bonds, Jeans: Topshop, Shoes: as above


I was talking to a 7 year old girl today about Slumdog Millionaire and she surprised me by astutely mentioning that in the end the movie was still a sad one, because regardless of the ending, the cycle of poverty continues. She said that for every single happy ending that happens, there are about a billion other endings that remain in the same futile state of stagnation. Well, maybe she didn't quite use those words, so much so as, "Jamal and Latika are happy, but what about others?"

I underestimate too often the depth of observation a child possesses. My mistake indeed.

8 comments:

Rebecca Ryder-Galardo said...

Don't stop blogging!! I love your blog and your style :D

eighteeneleven said...

Dude, I'm drowning in uni and keep forgetting to take outfit pictures. But never fear, I finally remembered to take one today. Woot! Update is coming. Soonish. =)

eighteeneleven said...

PS> LOVE that first outfit.

samsqtch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
samsqtch said...

Love the first outfit too! Your interpretation of her question is impressive but the kid was obviously not watching the movie properly/her mum wanted to protect her from the fact that *spoiler* everyone else DIED. Hi K-Dawg! =D

Charm, Ffion says you're "Cool" and that she loves the way you dress =D Another fan.

(And yes, I deleted my last comment because there was a typo and you know how that gets on my nerves! =( Bah.)

yiqin; said...

Ah the vest, perfect!

EternalJade said...

Why do you look so cool? LOL. Love the first picture, especially the vest.

-k said...

Rebecca Ryder-Galardo: Why, thanks! *shy smiley face*

eighteeneleven: No worries, mate. Your updates are always worth the wait.

samsqtch: You grammar/spelling Nazi. Perfect English teacher material!

yiqin;: Thanks!

EternalJade: It's mostly the lazy eye. ;D