Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No longer MIA

Back from a short sojourn to Phuket, where I practically lounged around in shorts, bathers and a singlet for the entire duration of the trip, I have been on a mad Friday Night Lights Season 3 marathon which I'm claiming is the reason for the pseudo-plaid-Western shirt and jeans get up. Well, that and the in-build comfort of the shirt.

I'm sure you could insert a correlation between the growing significance of fashion and TV series here and how they meld together and affect each other's reality. Take Gossip Girl for example. Blair's headbands and preppy style have crossed over into the wardrobes and inspired many viewers. And let's not even get started on what some will say is the pioneer of the fashion/TV conundrum - Sex and the City. At the moment I'm far too obsessed with the lives of the good folks of Dillion, Texas to string a introspective sentence or two.

I cannot begin to describe how much I'm in love with FNL - the characters, the stories, how it pulls at my heartstrings every single damn episode and the phrase; "full eyes, clear hearts, can't lose". I might or might not also be currently speaking (to myself) with a Texan twang. I ain't goin' to be sharing that with y'all.

SSDD - Same shirt, different day.
Shirt: Thrifted, Jeans: Topshop, Belt: Stolen from Mum's.


I'll be back to regular posting after Coach Taylor and co. have wrung out every last tear and shredded my emotions. If you don't watch FNL, I cannot tell you enough what a treat you've got ahead of you. Give it a shot and with clear eyes and full hearts, really, you can't lose. That phrase made no sense but damn it's still pretty stellar.

5 comments:

Charlie said...

I came across your blog a little while ago, I think it's great, you look fabulous!
I just started one up called 'Lee Charmant', and you will be one of my inspirations!

http://leecharmant.blogspot.com/

eighteeneleven said...

I seriously think you need a FNL intervention. There's more to life than that. There's sunshine, butterflies, clowns, rainbows, candy, bananas... all those good stuff. =)

Love the outfit, by the way, and glad to hear that you're back.

yiqin; said...

Love your expression :) Fab shirt!

Adeline said...

I believe it's "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"

Lol. And I hear ya, woman!

Elaine said...

So cute! I love it!!!

CLOTHEDMUCH.BLOGSPOT.COM