Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy Bee


So, after my last post, there was Chinese New Year Party 1, CNYP2 (sadly no pictures), then I hopped a bus and went to NYC for a couple of days, followed by CNYP3 and CNYP4 (again no pictures). Needless to say, it's been rather busy around here, and now that I'm in my final week, things are going to get a whole lot busier, what with packing, possibly shipping things, last minute sight seeing and a teeny tiny bit of shopping.

Onwards to CNYP1. I really wished I had taken pictures of my new shoes as they were freaking gorgeous. I wore my dress as a skirt, as I hadn't actually fixed the straps yet, and I was running late. I basically just folded the bodice down as the vee in my top was quite wide and you would still be able to see the straps with it on. I wasn't too happy with the outfit, as the shades of purple between the dress and the belt clashed and it really bugged me. Plus, you can't really tell from the picture, but that top was grey but my belt was black, and the whole outfit just made me quite frustrated, and not super confident. Blah.

Anyways.


DKNY top, thrifted belt, thrifted dress, grey tights, Leopoldo Giordano oxfords


Unfortunately I only remember to take one outfit picture during my NYC trip. Me being the genius that I am, forgot to bring a spare pair of contacts and they tore my first day there (of course they did), which meant I spent the rest of my trip in glasses.


<American Eagle top, Urban Outfitters henley (underneath), my mom's belt, thrifted skirt, Mink Pink cardi, thrifted scarf, Docs


Once again, sorry for only taking a half shot, but this was when I snuck away into the very fancy bathroom. It's basically my birthday dress paired with red tights and oxfords.