Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a new year already?

Well, really, who cares.

I'm with Chaz on her views about new year celebrations. It isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. A whole bunch of people throng to a common spot to make loud noises about the impending new year? I'm more of a private celebrations kinda gal. I spent mine this year playing poker with the family and ultimately coming in in second place. Perhaps it's not really all that cool but as long as I'm with loved ones, everyday is like a celebration in itself.

Oh gosh, pass the corn please.

IMGP1652
T-shirt: Threadless, Overalls dress: Thrifted, Shoes: Wittner

IMGP1681
Dress: Thrifted, Belt: Thrifted, Bag: Poached from grandma's wardrobe, Shoes: Topshop


Regardless of my wholly unromantic feelings regarding new year's, 2009 is a new year. The pages of this book we call Life has been turned and may this clean slate bring you everything you want to happen and wished for. Cheers!

3 comments:

megan said...

Sounds like a cool new years celebration!

megan / http://mallratcouture.blogspot.com

eighteeneleven said...

Are you in a hotel room in that first picture??

-k said...

megan: It was very cool indeed. Would have been cooler if I won though. My dad hasn't stopped bragging. Sheesh.

Chaz: Yeap. In Singapore. Which you would know if you were there!!!