Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How the Grinch came around to the idea of Christmas

Christmas should be a time for the reds, whites and greens to come forth from the abyss of our wardrobes, but I've been a mean ol' Grinch this year and decided to buck the trend by wearing the darkest colour of them all, (or non-colour, however you look at it) black:

Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas Eve Dinner
Top: Dorothy Perkins, Skirt: Thrifted, Shoes: Some shop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Bag: Parcel

I wore this to a friend's Christmas Eve dinner and the fun that was had chipped away at my negativity. Good food, Guitar Hero World Tour, Cranium, secret Santa and time spent catching up with old friends is the perfect cure to turn your Christmas frown upside down.

So while Christmas Day was spent bumming around at home with my family and two dogs, Boxing Day was a return to form.

Homie G, wassup?!
Dress (worn as top): Thrifted, Shorts: Valleygirl, Belt: Reworked piece of fabric, Shoes: Charles & Keith, Bag: Poached from my grandma

Were I in Australia, Boxing Day would basically mean shopping madness. But over here, the 26th of December is non-recognised. It was in fact a working day, but that impish grin you see on my face is due to me playing hooky. Who says interns can't have a piece of the fun? :D

2 comments:

Mrs.Zeus said...

Hooray for guitar hero!
that skirt is fab!!! I can tell its a great material and the length just looks great on you.

eighteeneleven said...

Oo la la, I like your top in that first outfit. And you better show me your madz guitar hero skillz when I come visit. =D