Monday, August 25, 2008

Whoops. My bad.

Tuesday, August 19 2008
Karaoke bum


Also known as 'The Day of the 4 hour Karaoke Extravaganza'. There were many, many highly embarrassing pictures, polaroids and videos taken that day that will never make it to the publics eyes. Or so we hope. :D

I am extremely fascinated by robots, androids and extraterrestrial beings. Hence, this t-shirt is perfect, no?

Thermal: Kathmandu, T-shirt: A gift from a friend/Wet Seal, Shorts: Valley Girl, Tights: Safeway, Shoes: Doc Martens


Wednesday, August 20 2008
The Chaz and I went to watch Wicked, the Broadway musical, today. It was good fun and the set designs were intricately beautiful.

Polka dots


I can't wait for Chaz to put up her outfit pictures cause she's wearing these awesome green tights to commemorate the event. Really, it's utter genius and certainly made my '50s-inspired polka dot dress kind of out of place. Also, she's a much bigger fan of the musical, so I'll let her harp on about the awesomeness of the experience.

Jacket: MNG, Dress: Thrifted, Belt: Thrifted, Tights: Safeway, Shoes: Dodgy Chinatown shop.



Thursday and Friday, August 21 and 22 2008
I don't have outfit pictures for these two days cause they were work days. I work at McDonald's and the uniform is less than glamorous. Since I tend to take pictures at the end of my day, I couldn't be arsed to change into what I wore earlier on in the day. Can you tell I'm a tad lazy? What with this massive backdated outfit post? :P

Saturday, August 23 2008
Boozers are losers


Today was spent with a mini movie marathon with my fellow movie buddy. We caught The Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder and oh my, it is such a treat to watch good, original scripts for a change. When it comes to movies, nothing gets under my skin more than bad, lazy comedies - the kind that relies on clichés, 'funny' personas/comedians to get the job done. Romantic comedies that apply those no-nos are even worse, What Happens in Vegas, I'm looking at you. Anyway, the point is, both movies are excellent. Get thee to a cinema, stat!

By the way, the T-shirt says 'boozers are losers'. Now, I'm not judgmental enough to really believe that statement, but in my experience people who drink lots without control, true 'boozers' if you will, tend not so much to be losers, but more assholes. I'm as straight edge as they come and often it is my no-drinking, no-drugs policy that gets tagged with the 'loser' status. Who's so ready to throw out those labels? Why, none other but the assholes I just mentioned.

Jacket: Evolve, T-shirt: Wet Seal, Shorts: Valley Girl, Tights: Myers, Shoes: Doc Martens.


Sunday, August 24 2008>
Today was thrifting day with the Chaz. Camberwell Market is great thrifting fodder for us and we try to make it down there as often as we can.

Birds of a feather
<Details of the birds


I actually really hate birds. But quirky prints like these are the mainstay of my closet. I'm always ready to ignore the hatred for the pretty.

Jacket: MNG, Dress: Thrifted, Tights: Safeway, Shoes: Doc Martens


Monday, August 25 2008
And finally we're all caught up! I am very lazy by nature but even this was a stretch, I must admit. I am going to put the blame of all these backdated-ness on the fact that I had a busy week. While I'm not at school, work, entertaining friends or watching theatre productions/movies, I have been obsessively reading The Southern Vampire Mysteries novels by Charlaine Harris. When I find something I really enjoy, I get slightly obsessed and revel in it quite thoroughly. 8 books, one pre-aired TV show episode (True Blood, based on the series will be premiering on HBO this September) and many late nights later, I am finally done. Naturally, I want more but since the next book in the series is only coming out in May 2009, that's one mighty long wait I got in front of me.

Uni bum


Do I look sheepish here? Cause I feel it. I solemnly promise to manage my time a little better so that future posts like these can be avoided. If you're wondering, Chaz is still working out which Internet Provider she's going with. When she finally gets connected, expect many gorgeous outfits (I don't know why I didn't just take her picture myself and upload it here).

Jacket: Hand me down/MNG, Dress: eBay/Sportsgirl, Tights: Safeway, Shoes: Doc Martens.

2 comments:

The Clothes Horse said...

Fun outfits. The tights are really rad. The polka dot dress is my favorite--which is so typical of me!

eighteeneleven said...

I didn't realize you've already seen TT already. Just ignore my text then. Also... something else.

When I remember what that is, I'll text you again.

And okay to the linked people.

And I'm sorry for using this as our own personal message box. Hee.

Okay, I'll stop now.