Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I demand you look at my skirt!

Excuse the rude and 2-year-old-tantrum-y title, but I am very excited to finally be able to wear this skirt out. Before the alteration, it hung awkwardly around the middle of my calves, sort of neither here nor there, long nor short. After hacking away 19 centimeters, it now hangs just a little bit above my knee. A vast improvement definitely, as it looks less like a relic from the times when butter was churned in a wooden bucket.

Detail of skirt


This is a closer look at the skirt. I must admit that the detail to the skirt is my main motivation behind the purchase. Too often I'm buying things I like that don't fit right only to attempt some kind of alteration (after the obligatory period of procrastination of course). I'm not sure if some self-restraint would be preferable in this situation.

Looking out at Melbourne from the 33rd floor


I've finally got my Modepass account all set up after being invited months ago. Surprise surprise, it was the procrastination. This is the little corner of Modepass I reside at. Come say hi!

Blazer: Vintage- thrifted, Tank top: FOS in Malaysia, Cardigan: Topshop, Skirt: Thrifted, Tights: Safeway, Shoes: Andrea Biani

No comments: