Sunday, August 31, 2008

Here be formal wear.

Tonight was a friend's 28th birthday, and it was a night filled with much eating, dancing and celebrating. The theme for the dinner was 'formal' so I threw on my best looking dress and went to town with the hair curler. Technically I had the help of another friend with the hair, since I'm such a wash-and-go bum, so all credits and hairspray goes to her. This is my first time having curls in my hair and I must say, I really enjoy the break from perpetual straightness.

Formal wearFormal wear: the bowFormal wear: the tote


Jacket: Dangerfield, Dress: Thrifted, Tote: Thrifted, Tights: Myer, Shoes: Wittner.


That bow on the dress kind of makes me feel like a really big gift. And in retrospect, I should have put on another watch to make the outfit more formal, but what the hey. When you're dancing to 'My Sharona' and singing to 'Summer Loving', the simple matter of a clashing watch fades to obscurity.

Can I also add how much I love that tote? It fits all my cards and money and there's room for my cell, lip gloss, mascara, hand cream and two polaroid cases. Add in my passport and I'm ready for some globe-hopping, I say!

6 comments:

Krissy said...

i love that dress!

2D said...

The bow is just a perfect add to the dress. plus, the curly hair fits you real nice...

The Clothes Horse said...

Your hair looks fantastic and dress is really sweet!

eighteeneleven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eighteeneleven said...

Dude, you look so srnbnz and very pretty. I approve. 3 thumbs up. I DEMAND that you dress up tonight as well!

Anna said...

ooooh that's a really pretty outfit. love the dress.