Saturday, August 16, 2008

A comedy of mishaps

Taking outfit pictures for the past two days have been a true test of determination! In taking last night's casual dinner photo, I basically got locked in the stairwell for a bit. In my building, the door for the stairwell only works one way, that is you can open it to go in, but you can't open it from inside the stairwell. Seems a bit silly especially in light of real emergency situations but that's the way body corporate rolls here. I got out thanks to loud hammering and lots of "please, if you hear this, open the door, I'm stuck", much to the other person's surprise and confusion. Nonetheless, I persevered through the panic and an outfit picture was taken.

Casual dinnerScarf

Jacket: Hand me down, Scarf: A gift from a friend, Tank top: Miss Selfridge, Top: Savers, Skirt: Valley Girl, Tights: Myers, Shoes: Wittner.

I figured since I got myself into that situation I might as well reap what I sowed. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? (I'm pretty sure I'm using that quote in a totally wrong context)

After learning from yesterday's trapped-in-the-stairwell lesson, I came prepared and basically had a door jamb. No problems there but for some inexplicable reason my camera went all spazzy on me and overexposed every shot regardless of auto white balance!

My camera, broken?The dinosaur and the whale

Jacket: Thrifted, Brooches: Thrifted, Skirt: Thrifted, Tights: Myers, Shoes: Doc Martens.

I really hope that the problems lies with the lighting and it's not internal. I talk often about replacing my Pentax, but I really don't want to have to retire my Optio 750Z. I love you, please don't die, Camera-I-Don't-Have-A-Name-For!

3 comments:

Ming said...

Cooool pins!

The Clothes Horse said...

Good to hear you are sticking through the troubles of taking photos! Brilliant pins--I have similar ones but different animals and colors--your whale is beyond adorable. Really both outfits look fantastic.

fashionation said...

Colorful! (: