Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Backdated outfit pictures

I have a friend visiting for the week, so the past couple of days have been a whirlwind of activity, laughs and catching up. Today, for instance, there was an epic four hour karaoke session which resulted in many an incriminating videos which we have promised to keep to ourselves. I'm fairly behind on everything that is going on in life right now - replying emails, doing my uni readings, updating this blog. But at least there is much fun to be had. I too hope your week is as good as mine!

Apron SkirtDetail of my apron skirt
Jacket: Evolve, Tank top: Hand me down, Skirt: Two aprons, Tights: Myers, Shoes: Doc Martens

I wore this on Saturday. It was a day spent with much eating, chatting and sharing the daily gossip in our lives. Good times, I promise you. That 'skirt' is really made up of two aprons paired together to pass off as a skirt. Even though both pieces are different sizes (and it shows), I don't particularly mind so much. There isn't much ways to fix the problem but turn a blind eye. That always works best. (:

Sunday was a day spent thrifting with Chaz, my usual thrifting buddy and her mum. The day was also good, filled with sweet deals and lunch at Sofia's where we finished everything on the table for the first time! Usually we end up taking home half the food cause of the massive, massive portions. The key to accomplishing this, as we figured out, is to think about what you would usually order and divide that by half. And then you half that total again so you end up with a much lesser share of the pie!

My hemmed dressDetails of dress
Dress: Thrifted, Belt: Thrifted, Tights: ??, Boots: eBay

This was the very first dress I hand-hemmed. I chopped 20 cm of the length and worked my limited sewing magic on it. The final result is fairly sturdy, so that's led me to gain more confidence in altering more clothes.

2 comments:

Ming said...

Love the shirt dress!

eighteeneleven said...

I am still super jealous of your apron skirt!