Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waist not, want not

I have mixed feelings about waist coats. For the most part, I think they look rather chic and serves quite well in jazzing up a plain ol' t-shirt and jeans outfit. That being said, I like it better on males than females. I'm rather fond of the men's cut waist coat, so when I found one for $5 at the Camberwell market, I snapped it up without hesitation. I initially planned to alter it to fit better, but then I'm not sure I want to give up the loose fit, even though it does make me look rather boxy. I'm still in two minds about it. Perhaps I might just pin up the back when I use it next to see which one I like better.

WaistcoatWaistcoat layered up


Dress: Genki, Waistcoat: Thrifted, Tights: Myers, Shoes: eBay, Coat: MNG

2 comments:

i think thats hauttte said...

it looks good loose, but i think it would look very sophisticated after you alter it, too!

The Clothes Horse said...

I love waistcoats, or vests as I call them. I think fitted ones are very nice on women, but it does look chic loose.