Saturday, July 19, 2008

I blue myself

Besides being one of my favourite lines off Arrested Development, that line is rather appropriate for today's outfit. I've been sticking closely to a dark/plain palette since Tuesday out of respect for my maternal grandmother's passing. My family is much closer to my dad's side, mostly due to geographic and language constraints. So the sudden death of my maternal grandma lacks the impact any tragedy that befalls my paternal grandparents would have had. I'm not playing favourites, I'm just being honest. I am aware how extremely terrible and callous I sound here, but the truth is seeing each other three days a year with little to communicate about didn't exactly breed the healthiest relationship between my grandma and I. I have very little memories of her and what little that exists are recollections from other people, not purely my own. She was a stranger to me, and I'm sorry that distance and language differences never gave us a real shot of some semblance of a relationship.

This much I know is true: She was nice, she was caring and she was kind. I may have never really known her, but I still mourn the loss of my mother's mother.

I blue myself.

Flower hairpin: Sportsgirl, Dress: Thrifted, Slip: Supre, Belt: Taken from another dress,Tights: Myers, Shoes: Eleanor 'Bluebird' Keds.

No comments: