Sunday, July 6, 2008

Colour splash

In an effort to better my photography skills and shake things up a little, I took my 'What I Wore Today' picture outside. It was a warm, beautiful day and it would have been a waste to not try to capture that. I actually think I looked photoshopped into this picture. How strange. I'm not satisfied with the end result, but until I can figure out a way to work around my lack of tripod or remote, I'll keep self-timering myself whilst ignoring the weird looks others are throwing me.



If you don't include my bag, I am wearing seven colours. It does seem a tad excessive, almost as if I got dressed in the dark. I'm not sure I managed to pull it all off even but I'm of the opinion that if it makes you happy, stuff what others think.

Rainbow vomit


I have a great story about that tote bag by the way. I first saw it in January 2006 in Isetan, Malaysia. It was retailing for MYR$100 and I couldn't justify paying that much for a canvas tote bag, even if I desperately coveted it. So I went away deeply regretting my cheapskate tendencies. I searched for the bag online and found it, yet I still couldn't justify paying US$40 for it. January 2007 comes and I find myself wandering around KLCC, Malaysia, with my family. What should I come upon but that very same bag! It had been slashed 50% off the original price and without a second thought, I snapped it up. I use it almost daily, and it never fails to bring a smile upon my face. Mostly because I have a strong aversion towards birds, pigeons in particular, and the print correctly sums up my feelings towards them.

Earrings: market in Malaysia, Denim jacket: hand me down, Red cardigan: MNG, Belt: thrifted, Skirt: Valley Girl, Tights: Miss Shop by Myers, Shoes: Wittner, Bag: Parcel

No comments: